Monday 3 February 2014

Moments that Mattered in 2013

When I read that Lloyds Bank were sponsoring a competition to find out moments that mattered my initial instinct was that I wouldn’t be able to enter as 2013 had just been pretty awful and I would rather just move on to 2014 . Obviously that was the most ridiculous response as a mere couple of seconds thought put a much more positive spin on things.



To me moments that matter could be either something that leaves a deep impact on you so you remember them for the rest of your life or something that seems pretty insignificant at the time but changes your life completely.
Back in March my husband was hospitalised and came very close to being no more. The moment that really mattered in this case was not the hospital experience but my darling hubby putting two fingers up to St Peter, yelling yahoo sucks and treating it as a fresh start. 


The next moment that mattered to me in 2013 was my little boy starting at big school! The feeling of cutting the apron strings is a bit bizarre but he settled in so quickly that it was hard to feel sad for too long. I have to stop feeling sad about each landmark event in the children’s lives but I am sure I just have to blink and they will be all grown up. Hubby has pointed out that they are unlikely to be able to afford to move out at 18 though, maybe now is the time to start saving up for their deposits!

My personal moment that mattered was I got my sewing mojo back! To some it might not be a big thing but for me sewing is a combination between a creative outlet and meditation. I really missed the urge to stitch and now I am ready to start creating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment